MSc, Dip Trans CIoL, MIL
Associate of the Institute of Translating and Interpreting
FREELANCE TRANSLATOR: ENGLISH INTO FRENCH
17 Kewferry Drive, Northwood, Middlesex HA6 2NT
Tel and Fax: (01923) 841852 Mob: 07887 550 660
E-mail: [email protected]
Website : www.strictlytranslations.com
- English > French
- Translation, editing and proofreading
- Professional, reliable and creative
Economics and International Business
Economic reports for the UNDP, the UGAL, the UNESCO, Médecins du Monde and the World Bank.
Banking and Finance
Financial literature - Annual reports, brochures, presentations, web pages and websites, financial statements, company profiles and prospectuses for various financial institutions and banks such as Barclays Bank, Henderson Investors, BNP Paribas, Fortress Capital management, Fidessa, Invesco and Fitch.
Marketing and Advertising
Press releases, newsletters, market studies, slogans and leaflets, brand launch, web pages, catalogues and magazines for various companies such as Tate & Lyle, Ipsos Mori, Visa, MTV, Opinion Matters, BusinessWire and the BBC.
Human Resources and Training
Training material and programmes for companies such as American Express, Adidas, Pitney Bowes, Tate & Lyle, Six Continents, Hewlett Packard, Barclays Bank and Communication Skills Europe.
Website Translation and Ecommerce and Retail
Websites of the following companies: Portakabin, Engli Profi, Get me in!, New International School, Fortress Capital management, Topshop, Topman, Miss Selfridge, SFD, Majestic SEO.
Travel and Tourism
Translation and localization of websites such as Corinthia Hotels, Worldhotels, Viator, Red Carnations Hotels and Country Cousins Abroad.
Translating two art books for Philip Wilson Publishers and Scala Books.
General medicine (Web pages and screeners on Schizophrenia, Crohn’s disease, Diabetes,, multiple sclerosis, Huntington’s disease and HIV).
- 1994: Diploma in Translation of the Chartered Institute of Linguists. Specialisms: Business and Science.
- 1991: MSc (Hons) in English with Economics. University of Paris Sorbonne.
- Windows Vista
- MS Office 2007 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote)
- Broadband connection to the Internet
- SDL Trados 2007, Studio 2009 and Studio 2011
- Cordial (French Spellchecker)
- Norton Antivirus Internet Security
PROFESSIONAL MEMRBERSHIP AND CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists
- Various webinars with eCPD and conferences (The Translator as a Strategic Partner in 2008 as well as other virtual events).
References available on request